You may lose your teeth because of many reasons – accidents, injury, trauma, poor dental hygiene, underlying disease, or others. Earlier, the treatment options for missing teeth were limited only to dentures. But today, dental implants have been introduced to restore the functionality and appearance of your teeth.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a restorative option for your missing teeth. It is a titanium metal stud that we use to replace your tooth root. An implant acts as an anchor for your artificial teeth like crowns, bridges, and even dentures.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Dental implants feel and appear exactly like your natural teeth. Their application enhances your overall appearance.
- When compared to poor-fitting dentures, implants are a better option. They allow you to speak properly without worrying about getting displaced.
- Dental implants are a permanent solution to your problem of missing teeth that offers improved comfort to your mouth.
- Apart from speaking, dental implants also restore other functions of your mouth, like eating or chewing food. You do not have to limit your eating habits anymore.
- Dental implants do not require reducing the remaining teeth in your mouth. They are fixed in one place. Both these factors ensure that your oral health is maintained.
What Is the Procedure for Getting Dental Implants?
- When you visit our clinic for the procedure, we will create an individualized treatment plan addressing your specific requirements. We will take an X-ray of your mouth to check the location of the surgery.
- The metal implant, a small post of titanium, is inserted into the bone socket of your missing tooth. After placing it, we will give you some time to heal. The healing process ensures that the post fuses with your jawbone. This process may take 6 to 12 weeks.
- After the integration of the implant with your jawbone, we will use a small connector post known as an abutment and attach it to the implant to hold your new teeth.
- We will also take impressions of your teeth to create a model of your bite. The replacement teeth are known as dental crowns.
- We will match the color of dental crowns with the rest of your teeth.
What Is the Aftercare of Dental Implants?
Dental implants demand the same care as the rest of your teeth. Include the practices like brushing, flossing, and rinsing in your oral care routine. Rinse your mouth using an antibacterial mouthwash. Visit us for regular cleanings and dental checkups.
Please reach out to our dental practice at W Railroad Ave, Plains, MT, to have a consultation with our dentists. You can call us at (406) 215-4705 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.